Friday, April 11, 2008

calm before the storm

Hmm... My first time with this. I have been commenting on the kids pages but thought I would step into the blogging bit myself. I am sure I will get into it a little more as time goes on and I figure it out.

Of course I want to spend time and make it look pretty like Kris'. One step at a time though. Reminds me of the old days when I worked in computerized embroidery.

Life has been busy and crazy lately. I work as a licensed Realtor for my 'real job' and things are getting busy again. Yeah! I am much happier when I am being productive.

When things were slowing down in the fall, I took a part time job at Pocatello Community Charter School as assistant to the Dean and student council advisor. What a great opportunity it has been to be involved and close what is happening in my childs education and to work and associate with the people and kids that are influencing her. Cool.

I also started working a few hours a week for a friend of mine helping with office work. Filing. Daily office chores. Helps them on a few work details and fills up the tank a couple of times a week.

As I mentioned before, I work in real estate. I am a licensed assistant for someone that is working on his commercial real estate liscence. Exciting! A whole different arena than that of residential real estate. I like learning about it!

Getting married next weekend to a wonderful guy with three terrific kids. A little nervous (based on the rapidly growing butterflies in my stomach). I have been a single mom for a long, long time. I am so excited about the future though. It makes me smile to think about it and brings a tear to my eye when I think of the journey life has taken me on to get to this point.

Well, phones are ringing and work is calling. I will try to figure out how to post a photo and move on to the next thing.

Hope everyone here enjoys the weekend. They are actually forcasting sunshine! WOW!

No comments: