Friday, June 13, 2008

What a crazy week it has been again! I didn't have any big plans for the week and that turned out to be a good thing. My good friend Christy called on Monday from the hospital. Her husband Dan was having trouble breathing Sunday evening and they ended up heading to the hospital. They found a mass in his chest wall that needed to be removed. Thank you to the surgeons and staff at PMC for their quick assessment and removal of the mass. They had to take a little bone with it but so far everything looks good and Dan is on the mend. They will decide what the next course of action will be. In all this, I have been blessed with the knowledge than Dan accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. He has been on the path for a while now. He is a great friend, a great husband to Christy and a great father. I have also been blessed with the opportunity of hanging with the kids. Great kids! Good friends for Erika and good friends for me and Roger.

Roger has been very busy this week. We haven't had any evenings together since the weekend. Two lunches and a quick wave in the morning.

Erika went to a horse judging event on Monday and placed 7th overall in the junior division. Great job for the first time out! She qualified for state but the state contest is during the week of church camp at Cathedral Pines near Sun Valley. She has been helping Grandpa with the sheep this week and I haven't seen too much of her either!

I had the opportunity to have lunch today with my friend Patty. She is doing ministry in a little town in Illinois with her husband Quentin. Lovely to see her and spend time with her. I am so bad about keeping in touch with people so it was terrific to spend some time visiting.

Beautiful weather today so I think I will go out and enjoy it!

2 comments:

Jerzy Girl said...

Hey Guys!
How are you all doing? I talked to Dad on Father's Day which I am sure you know that. It was really nice. I am trying to keep in contact with everyone so bare with me. It seems you guys are doing good which is awesome. Hopefully we will see each other very soon, HUH? Well chat with ya later and tell Erica I said hello!

Moon Light said...

Hi Teresa,

I love popping in here and catching up on you lives! I guess I need to update mine tough huh! Hope you all have a great weekend...much better then the last!
CONGRATULATION'S ERICA!!!
Way to go with the horse! =D

Hugs,

susie